December 24, 2010
It has been a year full of travel and accomplishments. Here is a month-by-month review:
- January – hosted Lucien Engelen and others from Radboud UMCN Hospital in the Netherlands at the Cleveland Clinic for two days on everything from the group practice model to innovation and patient experience in two days.
- February- vacation in Naples, Florida
- March – HIMSS 2010 in Atlanta presenting twice and AMIA Clinical Research Informatics Symposium presenting a poster. Also visited the Googleplex. Stopped in Salt Lake City for a day on the way home.
- April – Toronto for the - TAHSN Education Day for Healthcare Communicators – spoke on social media
- May - J. Boye Conference in Philadelphia – spoke on social media in healthcare and published my first article in iHealthbeat “Social Media in Health Care: Barriers and Future Trends”
- June – Visited Washington, DC. Vacation and some consulting
- July – Attended the Leadership Institute of the Group on Information Leadership of the American Association of Medical Colleges in La Jolla, California for a week and became a fellow.
- August – brief vacation in Salt Lake City including the Bonneville Salt Flats
- September – Named a fellow in the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society and named in a NIH grant on Risk Calculators
- October – Presented at Toledo (Ohio) Hospital on social media and attended the CTSA Innovative Informatics for Clinical and Translational Researchers at the NIH. Did live tweeting while attending the Cleveland Clinic Innovation Summit.
- November – coauthor of an article on a disease registry in the Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology and another prespectives piece in iHealthbeat on the secondary use of EMR data.
- December – Second article on the chronic kidney disease registry published. A positive editorial by a well known informaticists about the registry published
Looking forward to more in the coming year – conferences, presentations, publications.Share this: